Pages

Saturday 21 August 2010

The Dirty Word

Many of the items featured in my blog will be based on my perceptions of life as a 25-year-old feminist. This introduction and subsequent similar items will be labeled as 'The Dirty Word' and that is down to the following reasons:
  • Many of my girlfriends either don't consider themselves to be feminists or won't admit to it.
  • Many of my boyfriends are feminists but don't consider themselves to be feminists or won't admit to it simply because they're men.
  • Some of my boyfriends and girlfriends refuse to acknowledge the existence of feminism because they refuse to acknowledge some of the problems and challenges women face.
  • Some of the my boyfriends and girlfriends refuse to acknowledge the existence of feminism and are either knowingly or unknowingly responsible for some of the problems and challenges women face.
  • Some of the items featured in this section of my blog will be of sexual nature, challenge sexual discrimination or bring up some of the age old arguments raised in the feminist sex wars.
I will seek to explain and/or challenge such perceptions through out my blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment